What is Ginger?
For more than 5000 years ginger was considered to be universal medicine by the ancient ancestors of China and India. The ginger plant was first discovered in Southeast Asia. It is used as the spice in Asian Cuisine. However, it’s healing power did not go unnoticed in Asia and North America. Today ginger is used for treating various disease and health problems. In this article, we will discuss Ginger Benefits for Health.
Gingers are the great source of magnesium, manganese, potassium, copper and vitamin B6. Ginger is also a source of more ginger which is the close relative of capsaicin and powerful antioxidant capabilities.
Ginger has been used as a natural remedy for many ailments for centuries. Now scientists are finally catching up and research around the world finding that, ginger works like wonders and treats various illnesses and conditions. So let’s discuss some the treatments now:
Most Important Ginger Benefits for Health are mentioned below:
- Relieves nausea: Probably the highest known health Benefits of ginger are its miraculous capability to treat nausea. In addition to helping remove the symptoms of nausea from a common stomach bug or flu ginger can be used for comeback nausea and vomiting comes from chemotherapy. It also prevents morning sickness during pregnancy. Some studies have suggested that a safe and effective deal of nausea is one gram of ginger per day. But don’t take it longer than 4 days. Once ingested, you should feel nausea subsides after thirty minutes.
- Arthritis: Studies of people with arthritis have shown; ginger to relieve implementation of pain without the side effects of many inflammatory drugs. Ginger is effective for treating arthritis conditions like joint inflammation and pains because contains following properties:
- It is the anti-inflammatory agent that helps to reduce the joint inflammation. With its warming affects it helps to reduce ache in joint. It contains the important antioxidant that clears all toxins from the body and allows fresh blood to the aching areas. It also improves flexibility and movements of muscles and bones. A study conducted in Sweden Stockholm University that consisted of 250 patients who were suffering from moderate or acute conditions of arthritis. These patients were treated with pills that contained ginger extracts. And out of 250 patients, 220 patients were relieved from their aching joints.
- Digestion: ginger can improve digestion power in several ways as well as it relieves from ailments that come from digestive issues. It helps to neutralize acids and stimulate secretions of digestive juices to improve digestion. Researchers have believed that ginger active ingredients more ginger and sho gal cause its therapeutic effects. A new study published in the European Journal of Gastroenterology found that, ginger stimulates digestion by speeding the movement of food from the stomach into the upper small intestine for immediate relief from any digestion disorders drink one cup of ginger tea or six ounces of ginger beer and before you get excited, ginger beer is a non-alcoholic drink that is three times stronger than ginger tea.
- Reduce Respiratory problems: Since ginger is a good expectorant it is effective in combating various respiratory problems such as colds, coughs, flues, asthma, and shortness of breath. Ginger is also effective in removing mucus from the throats and lungs.
- Motion sickness: When it comes to motion sickness, ginger is a natural preventative. It uses a queasy stomach and has no side effects the travel industry is using ginger more and more to come back nausea caused by motion sickness especially those who go on cruises to prevent motion sickness drink a cup of ginger tea or take 3to4 capsules of ginger before a car or cruise trip. It’s best to take it every 15 minutes for an hour before you travel this will prevent motion sickness so that you can have enjoyable trips.
- Fights ovarian cancer: Ginger may be a powerful weapon in the treatment of ovarian cancer. A study conducted at the University of Michigan comprehensive cancer center found that ginger powder induces cells death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied. Ginger spice has been shown to help control inflammation which can contribute to the development of ovarian cancer cells in multiple ovarian cancer cell lines. Ginger induced cell death at a similar or better rate than chemotherapy with no side effects.
- Lowers cholesterol: Ginger also lowers cholesterol levels by interfering with cholesterol biosynthesis. These effects may prevent blockages of blood vessels which can lead to heart attack or stroke. Ginger’s antioxidant properties may also strengthen the heart muscles. According to a study done, the rep a poor family institute for research in medical science ginger’s extract consumption reduces plasma cholesterol inhibits LDL oxidation and slows the development of atherosclerosis.
- Prevents Migraines: It’s been noted that, ginger reduces the frequency as well as the strength of headaches and those who have them regularly because ginger is not anti-inflammatory. It doesn’t allow the blood vessels to become inflamed. This is what eliminates or greatly reduces a headache. It’s important to take ginger as soon as you feel a headache coming on. This will help it act quickly and prevent a headache from turning into a migraine take 2 to 3 capsules of powdered ginger or eat several slices of fresh ginger. You can also mix it with your food. This will help prevent a migraine from fully developing if taking the first sign of migraine symptoms. .
- Prevents blood clots: Numerous studies have suggested that, ginger may have an effect on blood clots that is similar to that of aspirin. And unlike aspirin ginger has a calming on your stomach. Ginger interferes with a long sequence of events necessary for blood clots to form. This helps to prevent that can lodge in narrowed coronary arteries and set off a heart attack. Ginger also inhibits the clumping together of platelets in the blood. In a study conducted in Purdue University, it was discovered that ginger inhibits blood clots more effectively than onion or garlic.
- Cold and flu prevention and treatment: Ginger has been used for thousands of years to treat symptoms of cold and flu especially when added to raw honey and lemon juice. For many people, ginger tea works to boost the immune system during the cold and flu season. However, if you do contract the cold of the flu I have found that warm ginger helps the body better than any over the counter medication. Ginger tea is safe, easy to prepare and good to have on hand all winter long.
Here is my special ginger tea recipe for colds and flu:
You will find that this tea not only gives relief but also works on stimulating your immune system as it warms you up. First, fill up teakettle with pure water and get it boiling. Next cut two pieces of fresh ginger root about the size of a quarter. Next, take the thermos and put the fresh ginger into the thermos.
Next, add four tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and put that into the thermos. Now add three to four tablespoons of raw honey. When your water is boiled, pour it into the thermos cover it up and let it sit for twenty minutes. When 20 minutes is up, strain it into a teacup and enjoy.